05 Nov Elvis and Me: A Vivid Glimpse Into The King’s Life Written by His Queen, Priscilla
Elvis and Me by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley
“Elvis and Me” is a captivating autobiography penned by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley, offering an intimate glimpse into her life with the legendary musician Elvis Presley which will transport readers into the tumultuous yet enchanting world of Elvis, presenting a tender, realistic portrayal of their relationship. While some other reviews have the Suggested Reading Age as 16 and above we suggest 18 and above to be more appropriate as the book does deal with some very mature themes
– Elvis Presley
– Priscilla Beaulieu Presley
– Various acquaintances and celebrities from the era.
“Elvis and Me” is a biography written by Priscilla Presley, Elvis Presley’s ex-wife. Published in 1985, the book details her life with the legendary rock and roll singer. The narrative offers an intimate look at Elvis’s life, character, and their relationship, beginning from the time Priscilla was 14 and Elvis was 24. It covers their courtship, marriage, and the challenges they faced, highlighting Elvis’s complex personality and the impact of his fame on their relationship. The book also discusses the struggles within their marriage and Priscilla’s journey towards self-discovery and independence. “Elvis and Me” provides a personal perspective on Elvis Presley’s life, his career, and his role as a cultural icon, while also shedding light on the often difficult realities of living in the spotlight.
– The consequences of fame.
– The essence of love amidst adversities.
– Self-discovery through life-altering relationships.
“Elvis and Me” is not just a simple narrative; it’s a reflection of an era that encompasses the highs and lows of being in love with a superstar.
– Authenticity and honesty in narration.
– Engrossing storytelling.
– Lack of outside perspectives.
– Some may find the level of detail overwhelming.
What Makes The Book Unique:
– The intimate glimpse into Elvis’ life beyond his stardom.
– Imagery: Vivid descriptions that transport readers to the 1960s era.
– Foreshadowing: Hints at the troubles ahead in their relationship.
– Irony: The dichotomy of public success and private struggles.
This memoir resonates with those who appreciate a realistic love story blended with historical recounting.
– **ISBN:** 978-0425091036
– **Number of Pages:** 320
– **Publisher Name:** Berkley
– **First Publish Date:** August 1, 1986
– **Adaptations:** Yes, made into a television movie in 1988.
– **Genre:** Autobiography
– **BISAC Categories:** BIO004000 BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
– **Suggested Reading Age:** 18 and above
Awards and Accolades
– Best Seller on The New York Times Best Seller list.
About the Author
Priscilla Beaulieu Presley is an actress, author, and business magnate, known for her marriage to Elvis Presley.
Where to Buy
“Elvis and Me” is more than just a memoir; it’s a time capsule that provides a peek into the life of a legend, making it a treasure for every reader who appreciates a truthful, poignant narrative. Soon to be released as a movie titled, “Priscilla”